Tuesday 9 March 2010

Think Spice – The round up

This had been the first event hosted by me here at Taste Buds and as is natural I was a little apprehensive. But now while I am drafting this round up, I realise that there was no need for the apprehension. Thanks, Sunita for giving me the chance to hot this event. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and of course the lovely entries for the event.

And here they are:

To begin with, lets start with the process of making Amchoor itself.



Copy of Amchur
Sayantani of A Homemaker’s Diary, sends in an interesting post about how to make it from scratch, I mean from mangoes of course.

 



SpinachDryfruitPuffsMethiDhebra_SukhiBhaji

Jagruti, Joy of Cooking sends 2 entries - Spinach & Dry fruits Puff and Methi Dhebra with Sukhi Bhaji.


Potato Cutlets uploadGarbanzo salad upload

Cooking Foodie, 365 days of eating has sent 2 entries - Potato Cutlets. and Chole Salad.


bakedpeanuts

Sadhana, A2Z Vegetarian Cuisine joins the event with her Baked Spicy Peanuts.


StuffedCroissants StuffedVegCutlets

Kalai, My Recipes Diary sends in 2 entries – Stuffed Croissants and Stuffed Veg Cutlets.


Spinach Raita (Cook-curry Nook)

Madhuri, Cook-curry Nook sends in a Spinach Raita.


AvocadoDip

Priya. Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes, brings an Indianised chunky Avocado Dip to the event.


Methi paratha

 



Swathi, Zesty South Indian Kitchen sends in Methi Paratha.


Aloo Paratha

Smitha, Kannada Cuisine has sent a quick Aloo Paratha.


AubergineCanelloniBeans

Jayasri, Samayal Arai has sent Aubergine & Cannellini Beans gravy.


MasaledarAloo

TnS, Turmeric n Spice send in a a very tempting looking Masaledar Aloo.


AlooMatar

Tushita, Good eats from India comes in with Aloo Matar.


PindiChane

Vaishali, Adding zest to your cooking has sent the classic Pindi Chane.


Bitter_Gourd_Pavakkai_Stir_Fry

Kamala, Cook @ ease sends a Bittergourd Stir fry which is sure to make all the bitter gourd haters change their mind.


FriedOkra

Bala, A Life Journey together, sends in Fried Okra.


BesanwaliBhindi

Kanchan, Kitchen Gossip sends Besanwali Bhindi, which she says is a lovely fusion of Marwari & Marathi!


Picture 037

And my own Instant Bhel Puri completes the array of Amchoor dishes.

Once again, thank you everyone for these entries. I hope I havent missed any entry, but if I have, please leave a comment here and I will make amends.

The event for the month of March is being hosted at Kharas Mithas and the chosen spice is Asfoetida.


Having got the courage (!) and the encouragement, Taste Buds is hosting another event – Cooking For Kids for the month of March. I hope to receive the same, if not better, response this time around too!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome round-up, so many gr8 recipes to try out..

    Indrani, visit my blog (http:/indranid.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work, wonderful roundup !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice roundup. BTW, I am hosting my first event which is on baking. Check it out if you are interested.
    http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/03/bake-off-event-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful round up. I missed it...but never mind, I have already sent u for your kid's special event.:-)
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha..love those spices..nice round up !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful round up!! great job done..

    ReplyDelete

Hello & Welcome to Taste Buds! Thank you for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Your comments & suggestions are very valuable and I will try to reply to them at the earliest.