Friday 29 May 2009

Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins

It had been a while since I had baked something and my Hand Mixer was literally calling out to me - ‘You were so keen on getting me home because you thought there was a lot of baking going on in your kitchen,  so why don't you put me to use now?’

Well, that prompted me to get into action and I was literally on a baking spree for a few days. Muffins, cookies (Nankhatai to be precise), cake and so on. I made them all one by one, clicked pictures, sorted the snaps out, stored them in the folder and got on with my life. A chance peep into the folder and I realised today that this was more than a month ago and I still haven't posted them on the blog. That got me typing all this out furiously as if there was no tomorrow.

Now doesn't all this tell you that I am a kind of person who needs a little prodding to get things done? I know some of you might translate that into – I am Lazy, but really I am not! Theres so much more to do that all of these get sidetracked. I could start a list of things here but that will take me more than a day to finish. Imagine if I cant finish off the list of things to be done in a day how can I actually get the things done???

I will stop my rant right here and get back to the first in the list of baked things – Muffins. I just wanted to make muffins, did not have anything specific and set out to search for a fairly simple & uncomplicated recipe and found it here.

This is supposed to be a classic combination and I had all the ingredients with me.

Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins

Picture 071

Makes about 15 Muffins

Ingredients

  • 2.5 cups Plain flour
  • 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 tblsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 2.5 tblsp Cooking oil
  • 2.5 tblsp Milk
  • 3 mashed ripe Bananas

Method:

Pre heat the oven to 200 deg C.

Beat together the egg, oil, mashed bananas and milk and keep aside.

Sift the flour along with the baking powder. To this mix the salt, sugar and chocolate chips.

Pour in the above made liquid mixture into this dry one and mix until everything is just blended.

Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and pour the batter into each case so that you fill just a little more than 3/4th of each cup.

Bake in the pre heated oven for about 20-25 minutes. Check for the muffins to be cooked, if a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean, they are cooked. Transfer them on a wire rack to cool.

Picture 066

Serve warm  or store in air tight containers.

My Notes: The muffins were great when we had them immediately after baking them. They were good the next day. But on the third day, there were only 2-3 left, but there was this typical Banana smell which I didn't like. I think these muffins are not to be stored for more than 2 days. Apart form this we liked the muffins a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Nice soft and delicious looking muffins. What is your hand mixer saying now???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rise on the muffins. They seem to be very soft too. My hand mixer is my best friend now, whenever I want to bake and I do that a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cilantro: Thanks, great have you over! As for the mixer, I am sure it wants me to bake more often :)

    Anudivya: Thanks a lot & welcome! Yeah it comes really handy when you have so much of 'beating together' & 'creaming' to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muffins look very soft & crumbly. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute lil muffins they look like new born babies I dont why but I felt like that!!! probably because of the nice mild color on them :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello & Welcome to Taste Buds! Thank you for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Your comments & suggestions are very valuable and I will try to reply to them at the earliest.