Wednesday 11 June 2008

Banana Flavoured Chocolate Milk Shake & my first Award!

This was more out of a necessity to finish off the single Banana which would have gone bad if left for one more day and the chocolate bars that we so enthusiastically bring once in a while during our weekly grocery shopping.
Now this chocolate along with so many others, was brought home when it still hadn't struck me that I was putting on weight. One of the various 'by-products' of being a mother ( a fairly new one at that) is that no one expects you to be very slim & will never point out even if you are double of what you are supposed to be! Earlier it always used to be " Oh..you have put on so much since I saw you last time!" Now I keep wondering " Have I put on too much?" and everyone is trying to convince me otherwise. " On the contrary you have reduced considerably with all the running around you do" they would say.So its only up to you to keep a watch on your waistline (if you still have one).

Coming back to the incident in question, the realisation struck me & how! So i decided not to even look at those chocolates, truffles & all the other heavenly looking & tasting things till I got some control on my figure (ahem) & weight. But around 3 weeks later today I don't know if I have made any progress but while cleaning the larder came across this box full of chocolate bars. Now GM is not too fond of chocolates, he will have a truffle or two now & then but chocolate is not exactly a favourite with him. So I was wondering what to do with them.
Then there was this single banana which I was in no mood to eat just like that. So here is what I did..

Makes 1 glass of Milk Shake
Ingredients
  • 1 Ripe Banana, sliced
  • 1 small bar of Chocolate, grated
  • 3/4 glass of milk
  • 1 tsp sugar (optional, I gave this a miss as the chocolate is already sweet)

Method:
Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. For the boiler, I brought some water to boil in a saucepan and held the grated chocolate in a small vessel which fit onto the edges of the saucepan. Heat it this way for about 2-3 min and stir.

Blend together all the ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for sometime and enjoy with some more grated chocolate on the shake.

I was avoiding eating chocolates because I didn't want to put on weight. I don't know how having the same in a milk shake will help but I am consoled that I had it with other healthy things like Milk (full of calcium & Vit D) and Banana (Calcium again). There are some who believe that even Bananas contribute to the weight gain but I am not very sure of that. Any information on this is welcome.

And now for the Award! EasyCrafts of Simple Indian Food has given me the 'Rocking Girl Blogger' Award. When I read the email I thought this must have come to me by mistake, but on checking her blog it turned out that it is really Me! I am thrilled to bits! This is my first award and I have only just started my blog. Alright, it has been a while now, but it still feels like I am still starting out.

Thanks a lot EC, this means a lot to me!
PS: I still have to think about finishing off the remaining chocolate, without feeling guilty....or is that an impossible task?

4 comments:

  1. Tempting Milkshake...congrats on the award

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty about eating chocolates? Nah, you shouldn't.
    Just think of all the health benefits, the flavonoids etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy milkshake ,love the chocolate and banana flavor

    ReplyDelete
  4. EC: Thanks a lot!
    TheCooker: And what about the calories that go with it? :)
    Sagari: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello & Welcome to Taste Buds! Thank you for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Your comments & suggestions are very valuable and I will try to reply to them at the earliest.