Monday 21 April 2008

MBP-One Pot Wonders

Monthly Blog Patrol is an event started by Coffee of The Spice Cafe, being hosted by Pavani of Cook's Hideout this month, the theme being One Pot Wonders. I feel that this is a great way of appreciating each other's works and getting to know what each one is cooking!

I didn't have to search at all for this. I had come across this recipe for Cauliflower Biryani when I was going through Maheswari's Beyond the Usual even before the MBP-One pot meal was announced. I had liked the simplicity of the recipe & knew that this one would turn out great.

Both of us(Me & GM) are not Rice fans, so whenever we do have it, its usually in the form of Pulao/fried rice/ biryani etc. So I am always searching for different rice recipes. When I saw this one on Maheswari's blog I had already bookmarked it to try it out. And when MBP was announced I immediately turned to this one.

I followed the exact recipe barring just one change. I added some Garam Masala just before putting on the lid of the Pressure Cooker.


This was the simplest Biryani recipe I have ever come across but finger licking delicious all the same. As suggested, I served it with some Boondi Raita. Cauliflower Biryani will now be a regular part of our meals whenever we are in the mood for some rice. Thanks a lot Maheswari for sharing this recipe. There are many more recipes on her blog that I am definitely going to try very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello & Welcome to Taste Buds! Thank you for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Your comments & suggestions are very valuable and I will try to reply to them at the earliest.